||Casual Dating, Long-term Relationship
||Full-figured, A few extra pounds, Curvy
||Blonde, Brown, Red, Naturally dark blond, but I like to have a bit of fun with the color
Man for Dating
||Democrat, Green, Agnostic, Far Left, Socialist, Leftie, Liberal
||Wedgwood, but looking to move
||Depends on which ones
|I get around town via: Car, Public Transportation, Walk
|My dietary preferences are: Conscious Omnivore
|I spend my free time: Reading, Creating, Watching movies, Sleeping, Making music
|Funniest Thing: Wonder Pets. Seriously. Watch it.
One grand boulevard with trees
with one grand cafe in sun
with strong black coffee in very small cups.
One not necessarily very beautiful
man or woman who loves you.
One fine day.
I love Lawrence Ferlinghetti. Who do you love?
I've been doing this dating thing recently. It's tedious and confusing and comical and inspiring and educational and frustrating and enlightening. I've had casual flings, friends with benefits, and deep intimate moments while on this journey, but the journey continues. Ultimately I'm a relationship person. I want to find someone to be with for the long haul. How will I meet this person? How will I know they are that person? I really don't have the answers, but as I search for them I've been learning a lot about myself and about others, and that ain't no bad thing. Still, I am hopeful that I can make a deep and lasting connection based on open communication, understanding, emotional/physical/intellectual/sexual intimacy, shared values and goals, and goofy good times.
So, with all of that in mind, here is a random list o' me. It is by no means exhaustive, and it is written in no particular order. Still, it's fun, and it gives you some ideas about me. If you like those ideas, if you're intrigued and think perhaps we might have some potential to make that elusive deep connection, please do not hesitate to say hello.
A random list o' me:
* I'm an intelligent, inquisitive, thoughtful person
* A sense of humor is right at the top of my list for most important qualities in a person
* I have a job I love as a middle school history teacher
* I hate watermelon...actually, all melons
* I sing semi-professionally mostly jazz/blues/soul
* I'm extremely passionate about social justice
* I think it's extremely important to have strong sexual chemistry in a partnership
* I'm a bit of a home body, but like to get out to have a good time, too. I like a good mix of the two.
* If I had to live on one type of cuisine for the rest of my life, it
would most likely be Vietnamese, with Thai, Ethiopian, and Sushi being runners up
* I'm a full figured woman who is comfortable with her body and wants a partner who is, too.
* I'm goofy
* Proper writing conventions are important to me, although I have been known to make a typo now and then
* I don't believe in a higher power, and I think it would be
very difficult for me to be in a serious relationship with a very
* While I care deeply about the environment and sustainable
living, I am not outdoorsy and hate camping
* I appreciate direct communication. Say what you mean and mean what you say without any games or BS
* I like pub trivia and a good beer or glass of wine
* I like to read, I like music, and I like movies and TV, but I don't like listing all of the numerous books, bands, and shows I like just to show how cool I am
* I'm a culturally Jewish religiously agnostic, progressive liberal
* I swear...a lot
* I like to read, although too often I find myself reading for work rather than reading for pleasure
* I like making lists. Bullet points are my friend
Of course there is so much more to me, so if I've piqued your interest I'd love to hear from you!
Where do you like to hang out? I like cozy places that are non-pretentious and inviting, that have wine and beer, and don't mind if you nurse a drink for a while.
What kind of person are you attracted to? Intelligent, kind, open-minded, funny people who accept me for me.
What's something you want to do but haven't? Live internationally. Eventually I will, though.
Who’s someone you’d like to be trapped in a confined space with? Someone who smells good and can make good conversation
If I could change one thing about Seattle, it would be: The lack of decent alternative transportation. Seriously, it's ridiculous.
One book everyone should read is: Ishmael
If I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life, it would be: Vietnamese. Pho, bun, banh mi, cream puffs...am I right??
I consider myself an open-minded person, but my deal breakers are people who want to limit or deny the rights of others and historical reconstructionists
Something I learned from the last person I dated is be grateful and don't sweat the small stuff
I want to make a t-shirt that says nothing. I'm not a walking billboard.
Design your ideal mate: the brain of Howard Zinn and the body of an average, happy man who doesn't obsess over his body
My idea of a great date is lots of laughter paired with connecting on a meaningful level
Something I said I'd never do but did anyway was eat meat, and boy howdy am I glad I did!
My picture(s) reveal that I am full figured and adorable
The first section I turn to in the Stranger is Savage Love
When stuck in gridlock I sing
My guiltiest pleasure is reality TV
The last show I saw was Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman
Great sex calls for lots of chemistry
A fault my friends tease me about is nothing...while I certainly have faults, my friends are awesome enough not to tease me about them
One night stands can be fine for some, but not for me
The quickest way to my heart is intelligence and honesty The quickest way to my bed is loving my body And in the morning, I like my eggs cooked .
It's Sunday morning at 10 a.m. If I'm not still sleeping, I'm at the farmer's market
Talk about irony: I am self-confident yet self-conscious
One sport I will never get is football
The last time I made an ass out of myself, I remedied it by going home and having a glass of wine
When I die, I believe I will go away
PBR or Red Hook
Jason Segel or Ryan Gosling
Tent or Hotel
New York or L.A.
Kittens or Puppies
Trusty Scarf or Testy Poncho
Casket or Cremation