Man for Dating
||Atheist, for the most part
||Not really my thing
|I get around town via: Car, Public Transportation, Walk
|My dietary preferences are: Indiscriminate Omnivore, though I watch what I eat most of the time.
|I spend my free time: Reading, or at the dog park
Cheerful yet Wicked
Here are some things about me:
* I'm respectful of people's beliefs and lifestyles unless they are disrespectful or harmful to others.
* I tend to be pretty cheerful most days because I don't really see any reason not to take pleasure in what surrounds me. But that doesn't mean I don't get my buttons pushed by this or that from time to time (Don't even get me started on the tunnel!).
* I like people. I like getting to know people and really paying attention to what they say. I look them in the eye and I give them the attention they deserve.
* I like dogs, too.
* I've got some quirks, like the fact that I don't like current events (or any events, for that matter), or that I'd rather tip way too high than do proper math. I also have a very difficult time jaywalking, and I don't drink tea. Oh, and I'm not competitive at all, and I tend to cheer other people's wins with as much enthusiasm as my own. This irks highly competitive types.
* I have a pretty twisted sense of humor, so if your joke is funny, I'll likely be in stitches, even if it's generally offensive. I don't like shock for shock's sake, but funny is funny as far as I'm concerned. I also like unjokes, though some of my very best friends can't figure out why.
* I like doing stuff on my own, like going to a matinee and laughing at all the wrong parts. But I'm also chicken to try new things by myself, so if you're willing to hold my hand, I'll be excited to try just about anything.
* In relationships, I'm a fan of communication, so if you're having trouble expressing what you want me to know, please just keep trying until I get it. I'd rather understand and be understood than be right. Always.
* I believe in "opposites attract," though perhaps not in every category. I like introverts that balance my extrovertedness, and I like creative types that balance my pragmatic style. I also think that it's not a coincidence that so many early birds end up with night owls. But there are some things that I think are important to have in common. I like a guy that wants to have hypothetical or philosophical conversations with me, for instance.
* I don't have kids, but I like kids. I'm no spring chicken, so I don't know that it's reasonable to expect I'll have kids of my own at this point, but I'm not so closed-minded to think that it wouldn't be something to consider, given the right circumstances. I'm also perfectly comfortable with a vision of my life that doesn't have kids in my day-to-day life. I am an auntie and I have a pretty cool dog, and that's good for me.
* I like what I do for a living and most days I consider myself happy where I am in life, though I don't make very much money. I make enough to get by and slowly pay off my debt, mind you, so I'm not looking for anyone to support me.
* I love a good beer and great conversation. I also enjoy a cocktail from time to time, but wine doesn't sit well with me anymore. I'm not a huge drinker, though, never have been, but I do enjoy an adult beverage from time to time.
* I'm kind of a no-nonsense kind of gal, so I say what I mean and mean what I say. I'm not a fan of unnecessary or polite apologies, so when I apologize, I mean it.
* I'm not originally from the Pacific Northwest. I grew up on the east coast and moved to Northern California some years back. I only moved to Seattle six years ago because I fell in love with it the moment I saw it for the first time.
* I'm not looking for "the one" but rather hopeful I'll find someone whose company I enjoy tremendously and who enjoys mine equally. Someone that makes me laugh in ways others cannot. I'm looking for the "whoosh." I believe everyone deserves whoosh in their life, and I'm not really willing to settle for anything less.
What do you think? I want to know about you. What's quirky about you? How do you like to spend your time? What do your friends dig about you, and what drives you crazy? What do you get jazzed about and what makes you soft and gooey inside?
What kind of person are you attracted to? I dig guys that carry a little extra.
Having a full head of hair is not a requirement for me, and in fact, I find a guy that isn't ashamed of a receding (or receded) hair line very sexy.
In a typical romantic comedy, I'm not as attracted to the leading man as I am the best buddy with the witty jokes.
How far will you travel to meet the right person? Edmonds, Auburn. I'm flexible on this, though.
If I could change one thing about Seattle, it would be: Slow drivers in the passing lane.
I consider myself an open-minded person, but my deal breakers are B.O. and I don't consider myself that open-minded, actually.
Something I learned from the last person I dated is to trust my heart.
My picture(s) reveal that I am chunky and I have a really cute dog.
My idea of a great date is trying something new.
When stuck in gridlock I am usually listening to an audiobook or singing along to cheesy 80's music.
My guiltiest pleasure is infomercials
The quickest way to my heart is to make me laugh. The quickest way to my bed is to make me laugh a lot. And in the morning, I like my eggs cooked in a restaurant.
Great sex calls for lots of chemistry.
A fault my friends tease me about is my disinterest in "events."
It's Sunday morning at 10 a.m. If I'm not still sleeping, I'm walking to the coffee shop with my dog.
Talk about irony: I am confident yet shy.
When I die, I believe I will go .
The last time I made an ass out of myself, I laughed it off.
When I was a kid, I actually owned a green machine.
PBR or Red Hook
Early Bird or Night Owl
Snorer or Sleeptalker
Jason Segel or Ryan Gosling
Surf or Snow
Tent or Hotel
Beatles or Stones
iPhone or Android
Kittens or Puppies
Elliot Bay or Amazon
Trusty Scarf or Testy Poncho
Thongs or Boy Briefs
Bath or Shower
Netflix or Hulu
Murphy's Law or Karma
Bike or Bus
I-5 or Aurora